Experienced, Trusted Oklahoma City Dentists
Michael C. Fling, DDS
With 34 years of dental experience and extensive training, Dr. Michael C. Fling has been recognized as a premier dentist in the Oklahoma City area. Dr. Fling has been actively participating in dentistry since 1976 as a laboratory technician. He soon discovered a passion for dentistry and entered dental school.
He graduated from Oklahoma University College of Dentistry in 1984 and went into private practice in Oklahoma City. In 1988, only four short years after entering the profession, he received the “Young Dentist of the Year Award” from the Oklahoma Dental Association. His private practice focuses on restorative and cosmetic dentistry, as well as TMJ treatment. As a renowned clinical instructor and guest lecturer, he is consistently on the leading edge of dentistry, and incorporates the latest in dental innovation, technology and techniques into his practice.
He has been named by his peers as one of the Best Dentists in Oklahoma and as one of the Nation’s best dentists.
Teacher, Clinical Instructor, Scholar
Michael C. Fling, D.D.S. has served as Course Director and Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics at the O.U. College of Dentistry. He is the founder and President of “Fling Seminars”, providing advanced dental education to dentists, dental teams and technicians throughout the country.
Currently, he serves as a guest lecturer at O.U. College of Dentistry in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics and as an Associate Faculty at the L.D. Pankey Institute. Dr. Fling is also on staff with the Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) residents at the O.U. College of Dentistry, lecturing on restorative concepts and technical excellence.
He recently completed the process to be awarded the title of “Pankey Scholar.” As a member of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry, the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, and the American College of Dentists, he has lectured throughout the country to dental and laboratory associations and to various study groups on fundamental principles of restorative dentistry and achieving technical excellence.
Dentistry Today has named him as one of the “Top 100 Clinicians in Dental Education” every year since 2005.
Dr. Fling's Accomplishments
- Dr. Fling has been named by Dentistry Today as one of the top 100 Leaders in Continuing Education since 2005.
- President of Fling Seminars, which provides advanced dental education not only in the United States but also in Canada and Europe.
- He has been involved in education since his graduation from dental school in 1984.
- Dr. Fling served as Course Director in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics at OU College of Dentistry for five years and has taught at OU College of Dentistry since 1984.
- He also serves as a guest presenter where he presents courses to students and faculty on treatment planning and comprehensive cosmetic procedures.
- Dr. Fling is a course coordinator at the LD Pankey Institute in Miami, Florida. This is a course where dentists from all over the world come to participate. Dr. Fling not only develops the curriculum for that course but also is one of the lead faculty that presents it to those doctors. The Pankey Institute is known for not only providing excellent education but for also helping the doctor develop life skills as well.
- Dr. Fling trained as a laboratory technician and worked in the laboratory for many years before attending dental school and while in dental school. This gives him a unique ability to understand the process involved in fabrication of restorations. He continues to be an educator in the leading edge of dental materials and processes for restorations and fabrication.
- Dr. Fling has published many articles and has even written a book. Many of his seminars that he presents today to study groups also includes motivational topics. He published a book in 2011 titled 32 Laps. He is also an artist. He uses many of these skills in his every day practice to both improve and inspire the people with whom he works.
Tracy S. Blessing, DMD
Dr. Tracy Shaw Blessing maintains dental practices at The SHAW Center for Dental Excellence in Miami Beach, Florida and Oklahoma City Restorative Associates. She is also a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Dental Medicine where she instructs residents in the Advanced Education in General Dentistry program.
A native of Miami, Florida, Dr. Blessing received her undergraduate degree from the University of Florida in 2005, graduating cum laude with a degree in Food Science and Human Nutrition. She then pursued a Doctorate of Dental Medicine degree at Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts where she graduated in the top percentile. Subsequently, she completed a one-year general practice residency in New York City focusing on full mouth reconstruction, smile design, and facial aesthetics. Since 2011, Dr. Blessing has built and maintained a robust comprehensive dental and facial aesthetic practice in Miami Beach, Florida at The SHAW Center for Dental Excellence. In 2018, Dr. Blessing relocated to Oklahoma City and now practices in both Oklahoma City and Miami Beach.
Dr. Blessing has always been passionate about facial aesthetics as is demonstrated by her cutting edge incorporation of facial injectable treatments (Botox and dermal fillers) into the modern dental practice since 2010. She has mastered advanced injectable techniques, developed her own approaches, and teaches other dentists across the country injectable aesthetics, lip augmentation, facial muscular rebalancing, and the correction of gummy smiles. Dr. Blessing blends her cosmetic and reconstructive dental training with the use of facial injectables to offer patients "Total Facial Aesthetics”. Her goal of treatment is always subtle but impactful facial rejuvenation to further enhance comprehensive dental aesthetics. Additionally, Dr. Blessing has been an invited speaker both nationally and internationally on the cosmetic and therapeutic uses of botulinum toxin and dermal fillers. Having taught over 1500 dentists since 2013, she is sought after for both her extensive knowledge on the available injectable products and how to incorporate them into a dental practice. The current injectable products Dr. Blessing offers are our patients are Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, Belotero and Kybella.
Outside of work, Dr. Blessing enjoys spending time with her husband, Dr. Nathan Blessing, an Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at the Dean McGee Eye Institute, their son Nicholas (“Nico”), and their border collie, Cash. She also enjoys traveling, exploring the outdoors, exercising, cooking, and crafting.
After graduating with honors from the University of Florida, Dr. Blessing attended Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA where she obtained her D.M.D. in 2010, graduating in the top percentile. Following graduation, she completed a one-year residency at Coler-Goldwater Specialty Care Hospital in New York City.
Dr. Shaw has taken her cosmetic dentistry training to include not only porcelain crowns, veneers and tooth colored fillings, but also Botox and Facial fillers. Following her residency program in New York City, she went on to take advanced training in facial enhancements where she mastered advanced techniques in the field. Considered an expert in the "Art and Science" of Botox, she is passionate about creating and scultping beautiful faces to enhance dental esthetics. Dr. Shaw is a National Speaker and Trainer on the cosmetic uses of Botox and Facial Fillers in Dentistry.
Dr. Shaw blends her cosmetic and reconstructive dental training with her passion for Botox and Injectables, offering patients a new concept of "Total Facial Esthetics." The facial enhancements Dr. Shaw currently offers our patients include Botox, Xeomin, Dysport, Belotero, Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane.
Dr. Shaw has a life long commitment to serving others. This translates directly through her involvement in community outreach programs and dental mission trips. Her most recent mission trip was to Quito, Ecuador where she and her team provided care to other 350 patients over the course of three days.
In her spare time, Dr. Shaw enjoys spending time with family and friends, exercising, travelling and playing with her three rescue dogs: Sonny, Mollie and Lucy.
Dr. Shaw's Active Memberships:
- International Academy of Facial Aesthetics (Fellow)
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- North Dade/Miami Beach Dental Society
- International Team for Implantology (ITI)
- Triple Win Study Club (*an invite-only organization dedicated to continuing education on leading topics such as esthetics, comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and the latest techniques and materials. )
“We treat each patient with the highest level of dental care, skill, and judgment.” Dr. Michael C. Fling
At Oklahoma City Restorative Associates, our Oklahoma City dentist practices a wide range of preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dental procedures to suit all of you and your family’s oral health care needs. To learn more about our dental treatments in Oklahoma City, call our office at (405) 848-6743. Our practice wants each patient to feel cared for as soon as they come in and our dentist, Dr. Michael C. Fling, strives to provide each patient with personalized treatment and care. Get the dental results you want with Oklahoma City Restorative Associates!